CA Expo is a one day event that provides a unique opportunity to hear the latest about CA solutions from leading Australian organisations, CA executives, and industry experts.
The agenda features case studies from leading organisations in Financial Services, Telecommunications, Government and more.
With a flexible framework of concurrent steams, delegates can attend the presentations of greatest interest to them from the following streams:
- Performance Management
- Service Management
- Security and Compliance
The event started at 9am and finished at 5pm. I spend most the time in the security and compliance section. I put together a few things from the day’s lecture + some of my own ideas.
The Right Attitude Towards IT
IT should be seen as a competitive weapon instead of a strain on the company resources. IT is the key to innovation that can propels the business forward.
The future of IT
- Ubiquitous network and devices
- SASS (Software as a service)
- Cloud Computing
- Social Networking
Factors for Successful IT implementation
- Quick business decision
- Start small and grow big.
- Split the project up into phases and have checkpoints in between.
- Involve customer in the project early on.
- Keep the business rules simple.
- Have documentation with big fonts.
- Code loosely to allow customisation in the future.
All successful IT Teams have a vision
- What is our vision? My suggestion – “Impresses our customers with quality and speed so much so that they go berserk.”